Thursday, February 18, 2010

You like me. You really like me.

Well, I don't know if YOU like me, but my girls over at Merci Blah Blah do, and that's what counts.

They think I am worthy of this:

Like Aaron Neville, I don't know much, but I know I love them. Thanks you two. Sure puts some sunshine on this teething from hell I want to drink myself into a coma day.

Here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award.

2. Copy the award & place it on my blog.

3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award.

4. Share 7 interesting things about myself.

5. Nominate 7 bloggers.

I am going to add in my own rule here--you can't nominate a blog that the person who gave you this award nominated. Does that make sense? It does to me, and that matters.

SEVEN things that are interesting about me:

1) I was almost kidnapped when I was about 1 at my parents garage sale. No joke. And no, I wasn't sitting by the "free" sign.

2) I was an extra in "Ali" (yes, the Wil Smith Ali), and had a 10 minute conversation with Michael Mann without knowing who the heck I was talking to. I thought he was a gaffer.

3) Was planning my move to Paris before meeting my husband and moving to KC. It helps that he took me there for our honeymoon.

4) ANY time I am in public with my best friend Amber, people ask if we're related.

5) I DESPISE TAPPING. Oh it makes me LOCO!!!!! Just the other day in church this dude tapped his knee the entire time. I tried to pray for patience, but it was all I could focus on......he thought he was Tommy Lee, and that his knees were a set of Pearl's.

6) My name is Gina, and I am addicted to horrible reality television.

7) I'm preggers.

Okay....7 blogs that make the days better---especially teething from hell days.

1) Style Scout **my girlfriend mel--a great person, a great writer/blogger, and a mom with style. love her**

2) Lizzifer Jones **another darling friend who recently hopped on the blog scene. she's a pistol with great taste**

3) Jenny **her blog KILLS me. very few things can make me belly laugh, and her writing gets me every time**

4) Nichole **she is SO talented, and has amazing taste. a new yorker, originally from Kansas. love her etsy shop too*

5) Maria ** another talented blogger. her love for her family and God make me want to be her bff**

6) Vanessa Jackman **AH-mazing fashion photographer. her work is a breath of fresh air. so inspiring**

7) Joslyn ** been reading her blog for a while now & always find something new through her-another blog, great shoes, etc**

3 comments:

my favorite and my best said...

you are super duper sweet for nominating me...i will get to it soon!!

thanks mills.

Sparrow's Nest said...

Ahhhh...thanks so much! Nothing like and award to make a girl feel good!

Also, congrats on that new baby of yours...so exciting! Hang in there with the teething!

Lizzifer said...

Whoa! This is crazy! What do I do first?