Tuesday, January 19, 2010

There's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy.

Here's what's been happenin' in the kitchen:



Cauliflower Soup from Jewels and Jill Elmore

1 drizzle olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp butter
1/2 head cauliflower, cut into tiny florets
1 box organic chicken stock
a few pinches of yellow curry powder
a pinch of white pepper, and salt

In a hot pan, drizzle the oil and slightly brown onions. Add the rest and cook until the cauliflower almost falls apart. Done. Easy peasy.



My BFF The Barefoot Contessa's Egg Salad

Recipe found here.

Salmon Patties



2 cans Wild Pink Salmon (do yourself a favor and get the non- cat food, no bones kind)
2-3 celery stalks, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1-2 carrots, chopped
seasoned bread crumbs, about a hand full
1 whole egg and one egg white, beaten
fresh dill and parsley, or if you're lazy, used dried
salt and pepper
olive oil

Mix all of the above together in a large bowl, and form patties. Pan fry in a HOT pan in a bit of olive oil until golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges. Or don't.



Healthy Turkey Tacos:

1 lb. Free Range ground turkey breast
1 can black beans
28 oz. diced tomatoes with juices
cilantro
avocado
salsa
grated cheese( pepper or monterey jack works)
limes

Brown the meat in a bit of olive oil, add the seasoning, then the beans, and tomatoes.
Serve with the cilantro, avocado, cheese, salsa, lime, and whole wheat tortillas.
Wash it all down with a margarita.

6 comments:

Jessie @ Style and Pepper said...

you're amazing and i'm hungry.

(and i need an add fix soon.)

(oh ya, and i could use a little gigi thrown in for good measure.)

Nichole Loiacono said...

Looks yummy! Oh yeah, and you won the pillow in my giveaway. Yay! I couldn't find an email...so I just thought it might be a lovely commenty to read! Contact me, at nml7656@gmail.com so I can get some info from you!

Jenni said...

That looks wonderful!! YUM!

Full House said...

Looks good. I still have not tried the pancakes but I will very soon.

Keep the recipes coming.

Do you have a Vita Mix. They are very expensive but worth every penny. Not inly can you make killer smoothies but you can make soups, purees, grind wheat to make flour, make almond milk etc...anyway I bet you would love it. Today I took a little chicken, mix it with quinoa then add red and yellow bell pepper that I had put into the blender. Mixed it all with a little organic mayo, sea salt and lemon juice...I put the mixture on top of spinach...delish.

That was a long comment my friend.

GiGi said...

many questions ms. full house food friend:

does the vita mix act as a processor as well? is that why you put the peppers in there?
i am hanging on your every last word here regarding the mixer--i am one of those people who frequents costco, and zips right by the circus like demo table, telling myself "go ahead, grab a sample, and a brochure", but then I get lured by the chicken nugget sample lady. it's the only time i eat chicken nuggets, and every time, i act as if i REALLY want to know what isle they are in when the hair-netted lady tells me.
i'm terrible.

one more question--does it double as a juicer?

mindy said...

someone's been a busy little chef....all of these recipes look delicious!