Monday, January 11, 2010

" I never think that people die. They just go to department stores"



This past weekend the mister and I went on a date to see the Warhol exhibit.
It was great to see some of his works up close and personal, even though I'm not a fan of the soup cans.
It made me think of how different things were back then. How somehow, Edie, even though she didn't do much, was authentically cool, and chic-unlike some of the young gals these days that are famous for, well, NOTHING.




Andy had his art. His muse. His films. Did you know he even appeared on an episode of The Love Boat?
He also managed one of my all time FAVORITE bands.


One of his more famous quotes is the one about everyone being famous for fifteen minutes.
I happen to adore this one:
"I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They're beautiful. Everybody's plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic."

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I really wish we had made it to this exhibit! It seems like it was so lovely!!! We drove by it so many times since we live downtown, we just never made it in...