Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I don't want to miss a thing.




For as long as I can remember, I have been beyond smitten with Mr. Steven Tyler.
Sure, Aerosmith gets it wrong here and there, but people, they have been jamming since the 70's (and yes, I said jamming).
I almost levitated when I heard them perform "Dream On" live for the first time. To this day, they still hold the title for the best show I've seen (3 times)...it doesn't hurt that I was 6th row center.
You can imagine the panic/excitement/tears that I had when I found out that for one of the shows, I had backstage passes. It was un-flipping-real to meet that man in person. He is super sweet, animated, sincere, and yes, TINY. And that FACE!!
I will forever cherish the Polaroid I have with him, as well as the kiss he planted on me. No lie. Trust me, it wasn't one of THOSE back stage encounters, but out of nowhere, in the middle of our conversation, he just planted one on me, like you would when you kiss a relative hello, and then continued talking about skin care--yes, we were talking facial products. My girlfriend just stared at me, waiting for me to flip out, but I did all that I could to keep my composure, as I didn't want to seem like a groupie.
I saw him a few other times several months after meeting him...I was working at Barney's in Chicago and every time he came in, he remembered me, and would give me a gigantic hug.
He's pretty much the coolest.

Last year, the hubs and I pinky swore that we were d-o-n-e, done watching American Idol. I didn't watch it for years, and then for the last 3 years, I get suckered into it.
Well, I am reneging on the pinky swearing.
Even if I have to fast forward through all the nonsense, I think having Mr.Tyler on the show will be fantastic. And that FACE!!

J-lo on the other hand??? Geesh.
At least there's a chance for some good fashion watching....I guess any thing's an improvement from Paula, and that Kara chick.
Will you be watching this year?

2 comments:

Meg said...

Unabashedly - yes. I watch it. What else is there to catch at 3 a.m. on DVR?!

Erin said...

I have zero shame in admitting that I will be tuning in to watch his size 26 jeaned-buns critique "artists" that I'm sure do not appreciate his Lord-ness. If they only knew...