Wednesday, July 29, 2009

On a serious note..



I was driving home last night after meeting some friends. I noticed a woman pulled over on the side of the road. I was concerned because she was alone, and in an area where there wouldn't be anyplace to walk to in the event that she needed help. As I got closer I soon saw that she didn't need any help at all. She was leaning against her window, smiling. She looked so content, so peaceful. I thought it was so strange. Why would she just sit there, smiling like that? Big weirdo.

But then I saw it. What she was looking at. What made her smile. It was the most beautiful sunset. Just gorgeous. So stunning that I, too, had to pull over.
It was the first time in so long that I took a moment like that. Just stopped and soaked in His creation. His beauty. I was grateful for that moment-for that woman.

And then I went home and watched Tori and Dean.

No comments: