Friday, July 9, 2010

There's a party in my tummy.


Donna Hay never lets me down.
One of my all time favorite cookbooks is from her called "The Instant Cook".
What I lurve about this book, is that just about every recipe has a photo, and she gives you different versions of certain dishes.
Her tiramisu is off the charts-and SO easy:

1 3/4 c cream
1 lb mascarpone (insert giada's annoying accent)
1 c coffee liquer (this preggers girl is living on the edge)
2c espresso
26 lady fingers (NOT an easy thing to find in the KC)
cocoa powder for dusting

Do It:
Beat heavy cream in bowl with mixer until soft peaks form. (**I added a couple tbsp powdered sugar-needed a little sweetness**).
Fold in mascarpone. Set aside.
Combine liquer and coffww.
Quickly dip both sides of half the biscuits in the coffee mixture & use them to layer the base of a 4 pint serving dish.
Spoon half of the cream mixture over the layer of biscuits.
Repeat with remaining biscuits and cream.
Dust with cocoa powder.
Refrigerate at least one hour.

I also made this version:
replace the coffee and liquer with 1 cup dessert wine (I used Muscato).
Layer 20 oz defrosted frozen raspberries over biscuit and cream mixture.

Yum-o.

2 comments:

MerciBlahBlah said...

Um, YUM. I love tirimasu. Have to try this one. I see lady fingers at HyVee typically - where did you end up finding them?

And finally, nothing quite expresses my feelings about this post better than my word verification:

Sitlit.

Merci,
Shan

GiGi said...

HyVee? Good to know.
Got mine at Bella Napoli in Brookside, because I am a dago.
you must try this--it's so good.

and to 琇白: you have too much time on your hands.