Thursday, September 10, 2009

Just a little patience...yeaaaah.


Having a baby is pretty rad, I have to say. There are so many amazing things that occur daily. Watching him grow, and seeing his personality become larger than life is like watching performance art. Good performance art, that is. I pray that I can help guide this chubby baby into the man that God intends for him to be.
Another prayer I have constantly is for patience. Isn't it funny how God will gracefully give you situations that help you grow, versus waving His "magic wand", and those things just "appearing"?
I was blessed with an insanely patient husband. Like, beyond patient. What's even more inspiring, is that he isn't passive--he's patient. I strive to be more like him, and really want Add to see that trait in both of us.
There are crazy days around here--sometimes days where nothing seems to be in my favor. the days where Add has massive poopy pants, and I pull out the last wipe (normally I am so obsessed with being prepared)-days where I drop his (glass) bottle on the floor and it shatters in a million pieces. Did I mention it was the last bottle in the fridge? Did I mention he is starving, and we home make his formula, and it takes roughly 12 minutes? Days where he whines in the car from the moment I put the key in the ignition until we get home (rare, but it happens-generally on the days where all of the above takes place).
But I really have to give God a shout out here, because He is really working in this area of my life. I am not even close to where I would like to be, but I read recently that it isn't the end result of something that is the "goal" with God, it is the journey. I am grateful for this journey--and if He would like to teach me how not to be so obsessed with out of control priced handbags, I am here for the challenge-er-journey.

2 comments:

emmy-ray said...

It was great meeting you tonight and learning all about Whoopie cakes (sp?). I have looked at your blog before, it's so cute. I'm a follower officially!

Angie said...

I had to share this with you. I'm horrified by all these shoes, but i'm not cool like you and wondered what you thought??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/07/alexander-mcqueens-10-inc_n_312692.html