Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The first day of starting over--err--fall.




September has been a total whirl wind. It started with a visit from Emily, my best friend in Chicago. Then it was my husband's birthday, Followed by a fun filled weekend with my parents. Throw in some freelance work, projects around the house, Addison turning 9 months, a really exciting new adventure that I will go into further detail about next week, and I'm sure several other things that I am failing to mention.
Our DVR is jam packed with weeks of shows that we need to catch up on, my to-do list is growing by the minute, and I don't need to mention my lack of blogging.
I love fall-LOVE- but I want to ENJOY fall. I have an issue with over committing, and am vowing to work on that. It's so hard to make changes, but I believe that small, subtle changes are opportunities to make "life changes". I don't make new year's resolutions--for obvious reasons. However, I do believe in being mindful of taking the necessary steps needed to get you to where you would like to be. So I am treating the rest of September as my "new year"--a fresh start to fall. Focusing on what's important, what drives me, and allowing space for just doing nothing.
That, and organizing my closet.

No comments: