Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I would do anything for love--but I won't do that.




The cutest wedgie I ever did see.
Ahhh, summer. I've never been a big fan. I know, it's like everyone's favorite, but I prefer cooler weather. When everyone is at the pool, or grilling outside, I could be found in a movie theatre, reading in a coffee shop, or in a museum.
Along comes my boy, who LOVES to be outside, and I have to bite the bullet. It makes him so happy, so of course it makes me happy.
No, that's a lie. Sweating like a hog, while the sun is beating down on you, and having to wear leggings because wearing cute summer dresses while chasing a toddler around is NOT an option, does not make me happy.
The smile on his face while swimming however, does.
The way he laughs when I splash water at him, really does.
How he lights up when he gets to play with dirt, or touch some flowers makes me melt.
The desire to play with the swarm of ants on the sidewalk is where I draw the line.

Like Meatloaf says, no, I won't do that.


3 comments:

Jenni said...

awwww he is sooo cute!!! What a little doll!!! Years from now he's going to look at the wedgie photo and be like,"jeez mom....couldn't you help me out a little?!" haha

mindy said...

i'm right there with you on the whole summer thing...not really into being uncomfortably hot & sweaty all the time.

and, um, that little butt cheek hanging out of that diaper is cuteness overload.

Nichole Loiacono said...

Girl...totally agree...HATE Summer. I've even contemplated defecting to Canada! You are such a dedicated mother...sweating like a hog is never fun...or attractive for that matter. That little boy of yours will thank you some day!