Thursday, June 4, 2009

Making friends with phyllo

Had some friends over for dinner tonight. Decided to make this dessert.
You know, try something TOTALLY different. Something I have never made before for guests that were about to arrive any second-which resulted in a phone call to my mother discussing the proper way to handle phyllo dough, sweating, cursing at the phyllo dough under my breath, and saying a few prayers.
While mine didn't look exactly like the photos (does it ever?), it was de-LISH. Totally took me back to Paris when I literally shed tears over this pistachio concoction from a corner patisserie. Keep in mind I am a, "it better have chocolate in it" kind of dessert girl, if something is cocoa free I usually pass.
Highly recommended- try it---you'll be fast friends.

No comments: