Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's been a while......


Those of you who know me know my immense love for heavy metal music. I remember like it was yesterday, sitting in front of the T.V. on Friday nights completely in awe watching headbanger's ball. No one in my family liked this music, and I am quite certain that my father would have quit his night job had he known what I was up to. The hair..the make-up-loved it all. What I think I found most fascinating was just how well these boys could belt a lyric.
The first time I heard Sebastian Bach sing, I almost cried. The end of "I remember you"??!! Are you kidding me??!! This brings me to the fella above:
Adam Lambert.
Forget that his hair is reminiscent of a monchichi. Look past the eyeliner. Forget the graphic photos circulating the web. This kid has chops. As Randy Jackson puts it, he has mad skills.
I may be a bit dramatic saying this, but I feel like when I watch this kid perform, and hear that insane voice, that the music industry is in for a real treat (provided he doesn't allow them to chew him up and spit him out). He is so flipping versatile it's ridiculous! I cannot think of a single artist as unique as Mr.Lambert that has surfaced in the last decade or so. It just goes to show you how much hidden talent is out there.
Okay, I'll stop sounding like a groupie now.



No comments: