Friday, February 13, 2009

Good to the last drop--I mean, bite.

mmmm..stewy white beans.


Okay, I didn't name it folks, but this here's a hit of a recipe if I've ever tried one. I've been making this for a few years now. The best thing about this recipe is that it's good for 2 meals. I don't mean 2 servings, although you could go right ahead and have seconds, but I am able to get dinner, and breakfast out of this gem. For dinner, I follow the recipe, and then place the heavenly mixture on top of a pile of cous cous (didn't name that either). Sounds delicious, right? You could stop right there, especially if you subscribe to the whole not eating any animals thingy. I then top the whole beauty off with a nice piece of Tilapia. Drool.
Okay, so there are alot of leftovers when cooking for 2, so the next morning, I heat the rest of the mixture on the stove (this is minus the cous cous and fish, people), add some scrambled eggs, and feta cheese. Those of you who know me are well aware of my feta obsession. And, well, Voila-2 meals. And super healthy-Kale AND tomatoes??!!-Dr. Oz would be so proud.
FYI: you could also substitute garbanzo's for the white beans--but then you'd have to call it something else.

No comments: